Simple Zipper Pulls
Square Stitch, 2 Colors, 2 Feet Long, 1 Lanyard Hook
Things You Will Need:
- At least TWO strands of boondoggle:
- Zipper Pull strands are 2 - 3 feet long.
- Key Chain strands are 5 - 6 feet long.
- 1 Lanyard Hook <OR> 1 Split Ring.
Circle Stitch, 2 Colors, 2½ Feet Long, 1 Lanyard Hook
For a Zipper Pull, do the following:
- Choose any ONE boondoggle stitch. I recommend using one of these:
or one of the complex stitches: quad, cross, fluted column, or fluted spiral.
Brick Stitch, 3 Colors, 2, 2 & 3 Feet Long, 1 Lanyard Hook
- Choose your colors, then start your chosen stitch. (Again, click the name of the stitch you chose
from the step above to find out how to DO the stitch, then continue).
Twist Stitch, 3 Colors, 2, 2 & 3 Feet Long, 1 Lanyard Hook
- Continue doing stitches until you've completed between 1 and 1½ inches, which is about
20 to 30 stitches, then do the appropriate completion stitch.
SuperBrick Stitch, 4 Colors, 2½, 2½ & 3½ Feet Long, 1 Split Ring
- Trim your tassel ends to between ½ and ¾ of an inch long, and make them
CorkScrew Stitch, 4 Colors, 2½, 2½ & 3½ Feet Long, 1 Split Ring
- Choose a lanyard hook if the stitch you chose used four working strands, a split ring if your
stitch used eight or more strands, and your choice of either if you chose a five or six strand
A Lanyard Hook
A Split Ring
Simple Key Chains
Identical to the above, except you continue doing stitches until you have between 3 and 4 inches, which is
about 50 to 60 stitches. Your completed tassels should be about an inch long. The greatest and most loved
key chains are usually made using a stitch with 6 or more strands.
Combination Fluted Column & Fluted Spiral, 6 Colors,
5, 5, 5, 5, 6½, and 6½ Feet Long, 1 Split Ring
The above is a 4-inch combination fluted column/fluted spiral key chain that uses a split ring. Here's a
closeup showing the detail of this stitch. It's one of the tougher stitches, but I'll show you how to do
one of these soon! :-)
The above was NOT SIMPLE! It used 4 black strands of 5, 5, 6½,
and 6½ feet long, and 5 foot long apple green and neon tangerine strands.
Look At Other Projects